Want to get involved with the League of Women Voters of St. Paul? We are an all-volunteer organization. Here are some of the ways you can use your skills and help Make Democracy Work!
To volunteer, join the board, or find the right opportunity for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register New Voters (one-time or ongoing opportunity). Our voter registration drives are successful because of our dedicated volunteers! If you are interested in being notified about upcoming voter registration drives, please email LWVSP Board Member, Dan Krivit (Dan.Krivit@foth.com) to be added to our volunteer list. We also post blogs about upcoming registration drives and volunteer needs.
- Join our Centennial Planning Committee to help us plan celebrations in our 100th year. We welcome members who have experience with history projects and event planning to help us lead up to the state convention next April. Please contact LWVSP President, Amy Mino, if interested (email@example.com).
- Join our Program Planning Committee. Many tasks go into planning our regular events, including: identifying topics, speakers and locations; creating marketing materials and notifying press about upcoming events; coordinating event details with speakers; and picking up materials for events. Having a dedicated committee, helps to make our events a success...and each volunteer can help in small or big ways. To join the commitee or learn more, please contact LWVSP Vice President, Vicki Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Join our Communications Committee. The League has a need for many communications and marketing pieces each month. Our committee members can help with writing and sending out press releases, writing blogs and event details, creating flyers or other marketing pieces, building newsletters, monitoring and creating social media posts, and more. Committee members do not need to do everything, but can choose to help out in one way, or in many. Training is also available for those who want to help, but may need some experience. Email LWVSP Board Member, Erin Heisler (email@example.com) to learn more or join.
- Become an Observer Corps Member (one-time or ongoing opportunity).
*Photo via Flickr, Tony Webster